* Most of the top of the ballot stayed in tact, with Alabama dropping to No. 5. There really isn't any argument on the Tide's placement: Both Alabama and Oregon lost to LSU, but Alabama did so in overtime, even if it's at home.
* I have moved Houston up past Oklahoma at No. 8. The top eight teams are either undefeated or lost their only game to a team ranked in the top five. OU's home loss to Texas Tech looks especially bad now considering the Red Raiders have since lost their two subsequent games by a total of 66 points.
* I didn't really understand why K-State dropped so much in the other polls, particularly vis-a-vis South Carolina. K-State lost to a higher-ranked team in a closer game. The Wildcats stay ahead of the Gamecocks on my ballot.
* New team that made the ballot this week: TCU.
* Conference-by-conference tally: SEC (5), Big Ten (5), Big 12 (4), Pac-12 (3), ACC (3), C-USA (2), MWC (2), Big East (1).