* Not a whole lot of changes this week. Oklahoma merely confirmed its supremacy with a solid victory in Tallahassee over a game Florida State team. The rest, as has been the norm so far this season, was pretty ho-hum.
* Each of the four teams that were dropped from the ballot this week got exposed in nonconference road games. When the competition is pretty even, home field advantage is still immense in college football. The Guru would have liked to keep them on the ballot, just as a reward for at least making an effort on the schedule, but at the moment there just isn't room.
* The only teams with a loss that are on the ballot: Oregon (lost to No. 2 LSU), Florida State (lost to No. 1 Oklahoma) and Utah (lost to No. 18 USC).
* New teams that made the ballot this week: Clemson, Illinois, Utah, Texas.
* Conference-by-conference tally: SEC (5), Pac-12 (5), Big Ten (4), Big 12 (4), ACC (3), Big East (2), MWC (1), C-USA (1).