This week's BlogPoll ballot, with comments below:
* Nothing changes at the top. Oregon solidified its hold on No. 1 after an impressive conquest of USC. Boise State continues to hum along, as does TCU, with a showdown against unbeaten Utah coming up this weekend. Auburn still needs to prove that it can stop elite teams defensively - and it's a stretch to call LSU an elite team.
* Wisconsin and Stanford appear to be the best one-loss teams, resume-wise. Alabama may be No. 5 in some polls, but that's more of a product of legacy voting: The Tide are last year's champs, which should have nothing to do with this year. They're still No. 13 on my ballot, with a chance of moving up a bit if they can defeat LSU this weekend.
* San Diego State makes its first-ever appearance on my ballot. The Aztecs have made a dramatic turnaround under Brady Hoke. They also will have a chance to really become a nasty spoiler for the Mountain West in the BCS title/bowl races, with back-to-back games against TCU and Utah still to come.
* Other teams considered: Northwestern, Florida State, USC.
* P.S. Yeah, there is not a single Big East team on my ballot (or even being considered), and just one ACC team. Yet it's almost a lock that either Boise State or TCU will miss out on a BCS bowl game, while the likes of Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and N.C. State are guaranteed a spot if they just win their conference title. (You bet this will be a major post later this week.)