The Guru's BlogPoll ballot, with notes below:
* Well, order has been restored now that Alabama and LSU are back on top of the football world, just like it was at the end of last season. The Guru started doubting USC last week and the Trojans followed a lackluster victory by getting manhandled by Stanford.
* Stanford made a quantum leap from No. 24 to No. 4. The Cardinal's victory was impressive in that it was not even close to a fluke. They were simply better and played better. Andrew Luck might be gone but happy days are not yet over on the Farm.
* Another team that made a major jump is Notre Dame, which is looking more and more like it's for real. The Irish, who thoroughly throttled Michigan State on the road last week, now set their sights on ol' nemesis Michigan, a team that's won the head-to-head battle with last-minute victories in each of the past three seasons.
* Florida, Northwestern and Louisville made it into the ballot this week because these teams actually won against fellow BCS conference teams. The state of college football non-conference scheduling remains abominable, with most teams opting to play FBS also-rans and FCS cupcakes in the first four weeks of the season.
* Conference-by-conference tally: Pac-12 (5), Big 12 (5), SEC (5), Big Ten (4), ACC (2), Big East (1), MWC (1), MAC (1), Independent (1).