* Without question, LSU and Alabama are the two best teams in the country. We'll find out who is better this week. There is a small, but not completely insignificant possibility that we might have a rematch. That will be predicated on how close this game is and also how the other contenders perform in the coming weeks.
* The top of my ballot remains pretty stable, as the two weakest (previously) unbeaten teams were exposed last week. There is a major shakeup in the Big Ten with both Wisconsin and Michigan State losing. That will be the conference to watch in the season's final month, as it's the one that's most in flux.
* The teams that are most likely to go unbeaten in the regular season, in order of my estimation (from most likely to least likely): Boise State, Houston, Oklahoma State, Stanford, LSU, Alabama.
* New teams that made the ballot this week: Georgia Tech, Texas.
* Conference-by-conference tally: SEC (5), Big Ten (5), Big 12 (4), Pac-12 (4), ACC (3), C-USA (2), MWC (1), Big East (1).