* In order to make sense of the rankings a bit, I've decided to insert the teams' losses in the ballot. Of course, I may not be able to keep up as losses certainly will mount for the lower-ranked teams. But for now, it adds another dimension to the ballot.
* Oklahoma was thoroughly exposed as a team with a suspect defense. In fact, after taking a second look, the Sooners may not even be deserving to stay in the top 10. Of all the teams ranked in the mid-teens, OU has by far the worst loss and has not beaten anybody on my ballot's Top 25.
* Is Stanford for real? We'll finally find out next week when it travels to L.A. to face USC.
* New teams that made the ballot this week: Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Arizona State, Cincinnati, Southern Miss.
* Conference-by-conference tally: SEC (5), Big Ten (5), Big 12 (5), Pac-12 (4), ACC (2), C-USA (2), MWC (1), Big East (1).