* Yeah, there's just about no change at the top, so shoot me. Three undefeated teams - but the three more suspect ones, went down. Two others (Kansas State and Clemson) escaped with wins, but their luck will run out soon. It's possible that there could be as many as six unbeatens, including Houston, at the end of the season. At worst, there will be at least three.
* The good news is that at least in two instances, the matter will be settled on the field. But don't count out the LSU-Alabama loser on Nov. 5. It has just enough time to creep back up the standings to force a rematch if the OU-OSU winner should stumble along the way.
* There's a pretty big gap from No. 8 to No. 9 on my ballot. After that, all the teams are nearly indistinguishable from one another.
* New teams that made the ballot this week: Michigan State, Penn State, Auburn, Georgia.
* Conference-by-conference tally: SEC (6), Big Ten (6), Pac-12 (4), Big 12 (3), ACC (3), MWC (1), Big East (1), C-USA (1).